Monday, August 3, 2015

A strong woman -

I’ve experienced this firsthand. When I first joined Facebook, there was a well-read blog out in the Valley that devoted some incredibly serious pixels to trashing me. Anonymous sources called me a liar, two-faced, about to ruin Facebook forever. I cried some when I was alone, I lost a bunch of sleep. Then I told myself it didn’t matter. Then everyone else told me it didn’t matter, which just reminded me of one thing: they were reading it too. I fantasized about all kinds of rejoinders, but in the end, my best and only response was just to do my job and do it well. When Facebook’s performance improved, the trash talk went away. ...
I hope that you navigate the hard times and you come out with greater strength and resolve.
- Sheryl Sandberg, Commencement Address at Barnard College, 2011
http://www.graduationwisdom.com/speeches/0100-sandberg_commencement.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment