Thursday, January 28, 2016

In this example, he wasn't sure of the timing, but decided to make a proposal. The company loved it. I cannot say with certainty, but his proposal may have caused the company to become interested in what he was proposing.......

"Despite my fears, I composed an email to Gerry Murphy (the CEO)…. “Hi, this is me, I’ve achieved this, I believe that Russia would be a great opportunity, oh, by the way, I speak Russian. Is the country part of your future international strategy?” No more complicated than that, just some cheeky grad trying his luck. I wrote the email, went for a coffee, changed a few words, went for a walk outside..... came back.
...
A day later I received a reply. “Actually Paul, we were considering Russia as an option, how about you come up to London tomorrow to meet Ian Cheshire?” Ian was then the International Director, later to become CEO himself. The meeting went well and I immediately became part of the team compiling a board proposal."
- Paul Drury, "Find Your “20 Seconds Of Insane Courage",
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20140925130451-12088091-find-your-20-seconds-of-insane-courage?trk=tod-home-art-list-small_2

No comments:

Post a Comment